SUNDAY 20th SEPTEMBER 2020
This is the very first of many events and drive outs for the Four Marks Classic Car Club. For one day only this year, West Green House opens Thatchers Drive, the traditional entrance to West Green House off Borough Court Road to the West Green House Classic Car Show. Upon arrival, we’ll follow the Stewards directions to our club display line up. Refreshments will be available to purchase throughout the day, including bacon and sausage rolls, cake, tea and coffee in the showground. Due to social distancing, takeaway food is available from the Tearoom.
But then you may prefer to bring a picnic and listen to the Dixie and the Dots, singing the music of the 40’s where the cars are on display. We’re thinking of meeting up at 12:30 on the lawn for a socially distanced picnic. There is an Award for both the best and most popular car in the show too.
The organiser at West Green House has put aside 10 classic car exhibitor badges for our club and we’ll collect them on arrival. Each badge allows one car, driver and one passenger. If we have more who wish to attend, I can ask for more badges. Exhibiting cars should arrive between 8.30am and 9.30am and park according to the Stewards directions.
The show is open to the public from 11am to 4.30pm. The event organisers have said that exhibitors cannot leave before 4.30pm.
Our meeting point is Woodlea Park, Station Approach, Four Marks, Alton GU34 5AZ to then drive together in convoy the 18 miles through country lanes and Odiham town to the venue at West Green House West, Thackham’s Lane, Hartley Wintney, RG27 8JB.
- Arrive at Four Marks Meeting Point 08:30
- Leave Four Marks Meeting Point 08:45
- Arrive West Green House 09:15
- Club (socially distanced) Picnic 12:30
- Show ends 16:30
Book your place here
Who’s going so far
- ’64 Volkswagen Camper Van – Tony Gibbs
- ‘72 Mercedes 250 Coupe – Ed Jenkins (joining us there)
- ‘60 MG A Coupe – Frazer Wells
- ‘65 Ford Mustang GT – Jonathan Bye
- ‘75 Triumph TR6 – Daniel Loveless (joining us there)
- ‘89 Maserati Bi-Turbo Spyder – Nigel Snowden
- ‘65 Ford Mustang GT Fastback – Paul Shirley
For more info on the event, see here: