Saturday 26th September
We were extremely proud for our supercar owners club to have been invited to display at one of the UK’s most prestigious supercar and classic car events: Salon Privé, in the grounds of the infamous Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire
This is the first time that Salon Privé has invited a multi marque club to their show, and we were honoured to have been asked.
We were allocated a very large dedicated paddock with space for 75 of our supercar owners which included al the big names such as McLaren, Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus, Lamborghini, Porsche, Aston Martin, Audi R8 and more!
We made sure our members, on arrival, were able to chill out on a large selection of sofa suites within our paddock and marvel at our huge Space Ship marquee! A leisurely stroll around the Salon Privé showground, a glass or two of champagne and then it was back to our paddock for 12.30 to watch our previously postponed but coveted awards ceremony play out.
2019 Club Awards Ceremony
Following the delay of our awards ceremony earlier this year, thanks to Covid, we decided the backdrop of Blenheim Palace was the perfect place to catch up on things.
Club founder Greg, took to the stage underneath our Space Ship to address the some 150 club members and guests.
Looking through the awards photographs, I’m now kicking myself I didn’t add an 7th award: ‘2020 craziest haircut award’. Surely that was an award I had half a chance of winning?Greg G – Club Founder
2019 Gemclean ‘Club Photographer of the Year’
Looking back at 2019 we’ve had a number of photographers come and go but the winner has endured the arduous task of attending a high number of events, produced very high quality photographs at each event and delivered them on time, every time. The winner was everyones friend; Paul Tallant
2019 Oustanding Club Contribution Award
This person has been instrumental in us securing a particularly important event last year in Hampton Court Palace Concours of Elegance. Our presence there really ramped up our brand awareness within the supercar world last year.
The winner had also attended almost every event we put on last year and almost always brought two cars to each event.
A massive club advocate and more recently has become something of a ‘confidante’ for Greg discussing certain club matters.
He also introduced us to one of our major sponsors too. So I think you’ll agree the winner has made a massive contribution to the club!
And the winner was….. Andy Black
2019 Lester Brunt ‘Club Loyalty Points of the year’
Sponsored by our friends at Lester Brunt Wealth Management, this set of awards recognised the top three most loyal club members. Loyalty points can be earned a number of ways but mainly brom attending events. The top 3 very nearly attended every single event we put on last year which showed real commitment and loyalty!
Overall Winner | Martin B – Lamborghini Aventador SVJ
Runner Up | Phil S – Ferrari FF V12
Third Place Winner | Neal H – Lamborghini Huracan Performante
2020 Drew Wheeler ‘Salon Privé – Best in Show’
Sponsored by our friends at Drew Wheeler Sports & Classics, this award recognises the best car on our display in the opinion of Drew Wheeler from the above. After an accidental win of a borrowed car by a sponsor, Drew finally settled on Adam L’s fantastic McLaren 720s Luxury.
That concluded the 2019 awards ceremony and we look forward to the 2020 awards at the end of the first quarter of 2021. For more information on loyalty points, please visit our Loyalty Points and VIP page here:
Club Member Wins 2020 Salon Privé Trophy
Towards the end of the day, representatives from each of the supercar marques went round and picked their favourite cars of the show. We were absolutely thrilled to see Paul S win the Manufacturer’s Trophy: ‘Best Aston Martin in Show’.
For the whole story, click the button below:
Please feel free to use the below photos but please ensure you tag both the photographer and the club in any online posts you use the photos for, many thanks.
Paul Tallant Gallery
Mark Houldridge Gallery
Michael Guy Gallery
YouTuber AdamC joins us on our Paddock
Catch up on the entire event in just 27 minutes with Adam’s crazy event analysis style. Grab a coffee and tuck in!
After – Party
Following the dismantling of our club paddock a small group of us headed into Woodstock for drinks, dinner and banter. Very high quality food was served by Brothertons Brasserie.
Cars Booked In Our Paddock
- Ferrari F430 Spider – Jenny B-C
- Ascari Ecosse – Andy B
- Audi R8 V10+ – Stephen C
- Porsche 911 GTS – Andy M
- Ferrari 488 GTB – Darren J
- McLaren 570s – Dean G
- Jaguar F Type 400 – Stephen B
- McLaren 570s – Daniel H
- Porsche 911 GT3 – Paul J
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante – Neal H
- BMW i8 – Michael T
- Maserati GranTurismo – Tony G
- Porsche 911 GT3 – James Q
- BMW M5 Competition – Andrew P
- Porsche 911 GTS – Ben A
- Maserati GranTurismo – Mark B
- Alfa Romeo 4C – Jamie M
- Ferrari 488 – Paul H
- Audi R8 V10 Simon N
- BMW M4 CS – Ryan P
- Chevy Camaro SS – Nico G
- Lotus Exige Sport 350 – Mike van V
- Porsche 911 GTS – Bilaal M
- Aston Martin New Vantage – Joe A
- McLaren 650s Spider – Andy H
- Ferrari FF – Phil S
- Maserati GranCabrio MC Stradale ‘Centennial Edition’ – Phil S
- McLaren 540c – Andy McM
- Ferrari 458 Spider – Glenn D
- Aston Martin New Vantage – Steve G
- Ferrari F430 – Ian & Simone P
- SDR V storm – Nik D
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante – Mark W
- Roush Mustang – Tom P
- Lexus LC500h – Katie L
- Maserati GranTurismo – Dean S
- Porsche 981 Spyder – Chris S
- Bentley GT – Andrew W
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO – Dave C
- McLaren 12c – Justin U
- Ferrari 812 Superfast – Barry AY
- Jaguar F Type R – Steve W
- Porsche 911 Turbo – Stuart J
- Porsche 911 Carrera S – Paul B
- Lotus Eclat – Doug C
- Aston Martin V8 Vantage – David R
- Aston Martin DBS Superleggera ’TAG Heuer Edition’ – Steve W
- Aston Martin DBS Superleggera – Michael & Joe H (GemClean Detailing)
- McLaren (model TBC) – Martin B (LBWM)
- McLaren MP4-12c – Robert B (LBWM)
- Aston Martin DBS Superleggera – Michael L (LBWM)
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante – Zak B (Guest of Elevate Insurance)
- Lamborghini Aventador S – Rohit W – (Guest of Elevate Insurance)
- Ferrari F12 – Sunil L (Guest of Elevate Insurance)
- Tesla Roadster – Drew & Lewis (Drew Wheeler Cars)
- McLaren 675LT Spider – Luke B (Protek Detailing)
- Aston Martin DB11 V12 – Jason H
- McLaren 570s – Matthew D
- Lotus Eclat – Doug C
- 2020 Porsche 911 – Richard A – Porsche Portsmouth
- 2020 Porsche Taycan – Jose G – Porsche Portsmouth – staff
- Porsche GT4 – Joe D – Porsche Portsmouth – Client
- Porsche GT4 – Fred A – Porsche Portsmouth – Client
- Porsche Taycan Turbo – Steve Ross – Porsche Portsmouth – Client
- Ford Mustang – Liam A
- Lamborghini Aventador S Roadster – Jesse H
- Ferrari F430 – Dave O-B
- Porsche 911 GTS – Jason B
- McLaren 720s – Adam L
- Ferrari GTC 4 Lusso – Zaak A – Premier GT Staff
- Aston Martin Vanquish (Carbon Edition) – Tony & Lynda C – Premier GT Client
- Ferrari 812 Superfast – Rob B – Premier GT Client
- Mercedes AMG GT-R – Damien T – Premier GT Client
Sponsors In Attendance
- Zebra Home Cinema
- Porsche Centre Portsmouth
- Elevate Insurance Brokers
- Protex Detailing
- Lester Brunt Wealth Management
- Premier GT
- Drew Wheeler Sports & Classics
- GemClean Detailing
This rounds up Salon Privé for 2020. We hope you enjoyed the event as much as we did and we look forward to planning SP 2021!
A Big Thanks
So many people to thank with so many people helping out across the entire event. From the usual team behind the scenes, Michael T for helping me assemble the club paddock on the Friday, the team of helpers that arrived at the crack of dawn on the day to get the last things sorted. The photographers and journalist that volunteered on the day and carried on working after the event had ended. Jenny B-C for arranging the after-party. All our fabulous sponsors that support us throughout the year. Those sponsors that joined us on the day and those that sponsored individual trophies, and finally, all the club members that made it to the event and displayed their cars.