Following on from the local meets that went ahead recently we thought that it would be fun to try something a little more ambitious, but still very much within the lockdown guidelines and with strict social distancing procedures being observed.
Here’s how it works:
The 4 venues will all be within approx 30 minute drive of each other, each with refreshments available.
Meet Points at 10am
- Blackbushe (GU17 9LQ) – Bushe Cafe
- Liphook (GU30 7TT) – Liphook Services (northbound)
- Tadley (RG26 5QR) – Queens College Arms Pub
- Four Marks (GU34 5AJ) – Garthowen Garden Centre & Tree House Coffee Shop
The members that sign up (max 24) are then randomly divided into 4 groups of 6, 1 person per group nominated as co-ordinator.
Each group is nominated a starting venue and arrival time, members will not know who the other members of their first group are until everyone arrives.
After 40 mins, the co-ordinator then allocates their next venue to pairs from the group which of course can be any one of the other 3, meaning that the group of 6 will leave the venue in three groups of 2 to drive to their next venue.
Here they will meet with four members arriving from other groups to form a new group of 6.
The process repeats 3 times with randomly selected members of the new group moving on to the next allocated venue. Note that in this system you may travel back to a venue that you have already visited however it will be from a different direction and of course to meet different members.
We will provide postcodes and timings for the venues then it is up to you or your Nav to decide on your route between the venues. Will you spot other club members on route to your destination?
This could be fun, each member will have a series of short runs between venues with at least one other member for company, and at each venue will be able to meet and greet up to four new faces to change the group dynamic and hopefully keep the conversations fresh.
To work we would need people to play the game by sticking to the rules and of course committing to the spirit of the exercise which is very much about being inclusive and encouraging interaction between all members.
If you fancy taking part in the inaugural FMSC Hot Shoe Shuffle on 28th June sign up here, but be quick the first one only has 24 places available.
Sign up here
We have 24 places available
Who’s signed up so far?
We have 24 places for this event.
- Aston Martin DB9 Volante – Greg Greatbatch
- Porsche 911 GTS – Andy Meyerhoff
- McLaren 570s – Dean Grimes
- Bentley GT – Andrew Withers
- Jaguar F type R – Steve White
- BMW i8 – Michael Taylor
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante – Neal Hurren
- Porsche 911 GTS – Ben Atkinson
- Chevy Camaro ZL1 – Gary Handa
- Aston Martin Vantage – Joe Atkinson
- Maserati GranTurismo – Tony Gibbs
- Porsche GT3 – James Quantrell
- Porsche 911 GTS – Bilaal Mohammad
- Mercedes AMG GT-R – Jason Horn
- Lamborghini Aventador SVJ – Martin Brown
- McLaren 570s – Daniel Heselwood
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante – Colin Patto
- Alfa Romeo 4C – Jamie Moffatt
- Audi R8 – Reece Percival
- Aston Martin DB9 – Brett Wallace
- McLaren 12c – Justin Undery
- Lotus Exige 380 – Scott Davis
- Ferrari F430 – Dave Osborne-Jones
- Ferrari 488 – Paul Hamilton