Here we have for sale a perfect specification Ferrari 360 F1 Spider. The car has been fastidiously maintained by Ferrari Main Dealers and has completed 38,000 miles. It has been with the current owner for the past 9 years.
More than £10,000 spent in the past 12 months on: Service, Clutch, Cam Belts, Front End Restoration, PPF and full detailing (invoices to prove).
Originally supplied by Maranello Concessionaires in Egham, Surrey, this is the ‘holy grail’ spec, and more valuable, red over magnolia, ‘Challenge’ grilles front and rear, Bordeaux Carpets and the F1 style paddle shift version of the manual gearbox.
When not in use, the Ferrari has resided inside the owner’s garage, under a genuine Ferrari car-cover and the battery placed on a genuine Ferrari battery conditioner.
Setting the scene
In 2001, Ferrari were celebrating winning the Formula 1 World Championship in the previous year (2000), with F1 legend Michael Schumacher and are at the leading edge of automotive technology. The dash board of this car has a commemorative badge saying ‘Campioni del Mondo 2000’ translating to ‘Champions of the World 2000’ (see photo below in gallery). Ferrari go on to win the world championship in this year (2001) again with Schumacher taking it for them.
Non-standard Options from the factory (with Ferrari print-off confirming):
- Rosso Corsa Paintwork
- Crema Leather Interior
- Challenge Rear Grille (metal mesh as opposed to the standard body colour painted panel)
- Challenge Front Grilles (metal mesh as opposed to the standard plastic egg crate grilles)
- Ferrari ‘Scuderia’ enamel wing badges inset into front wings
- Carpets in ‘Bordeaux’ colour
- Soft Top in Nero (Black)
- Contrast stitching on dash in ‘Bordeaux’
- Contrast stitching on seats in ‘Bordeaux’
- Contrast stitching on roll-over hoops in ‘Bordeaux’
- Xenon Headlamps with headlamp wash
- Electric Seats for driver and passenger
- 6 Discs CD Changer
- Brake Calipers in Rosso Corsa
- HiFi upgraded to Sony head unit with CD/MP3 Player and iPhone/Android/USB connectivity, plus Bluetooth streaming and ‘Hands-Free’ mobile phone connectivity
- Front end bare-metal restoration due to stone chips completed May 2020 (fully photographically documented (81 photos))
- Front sidelights upgraded to LED
- Front bumper scraper pads installed to under side. You cant see them unless you get on your hands and knees but these save the front bumper from any close shaves with ramps or speed bumps
Valet, Detailing & Visual Protection
- Full Detailing Package which included 22 stage decontamination to exterior paintwork, Interior Valet, engine bay steam clean and entire car hybrid sealed (carried out May 2020)
- Full front-end PPF (Paint Protection Film) completed May 2020. One-piece PPF with no seams (possibly the only one in the UK), fully warranted. This gives you protection against future stone chips as the film is self repairing.
- Full Main Dealer Service History (FFSH) with the most recent being 300 miles ago (02/04/20) performed by Ferrari Main Dealer Meridien Modena
- New Clutch fitted by Meridien Modena 300 miles ago.
- New Cam Belts fitted by Meridien Modena 300 miles ago
- 12 Month MOT
- Former keepers: 6
- Full original luxury leather book pack with all books including the fully stamped original service book
- A huge file full of receipts from over the years
- 2 x Keys
- 2 x Remotes (inc the original master leather cover pouch)
- These photos were taken 16th July 2020. The owner can also provide high-res versions of these photos, along with many others upon request.
- The original Leather-bound tool kit
- The original bagged emergency tyre inflation kit
Other Standard features of the 360
- Adjustable Suspension (Comfort/Race) – Firms up the suspension and performs quicker gear changes
- Electric Windows
- Electric Mirrors
- Traction Control
- Remote Central Locking
- Leather Dashboard
- Leather door coverings
- Aluminium F1 Paddles
- Large capacity boot to the front
- Air Conditioning
- Pirelli P Zero tyres all round
- Adjustable steering column
- Perforated Leather Steering Wheel
- Electric soft-top roof operation
Common Issues Addressed
- The Ferrari 360 suffers from the door latches seizing up over time. Both door latches have been replaced on this car
- The steering columns wear out. This has been replaced on this car.
Reason for sale
The owner says ‘My budget has allowed me to purchase a newer Ferrari. If I had the space and the budget, I would look to keep the 360, not just because I love driving it, not because it’ll be a better noise than a newer one, but also the 360 is sighted as to the ‘one that got away’ by many that have continued to move to newer Ferraris. One of the last great analogue cars before more and more computers were added. Already considered a ‘Milestone Ferrari’ model and set to perform very well financially’.
About the 360
The 360 was Ferrari’s first ever all-aluminium car that was 40% stiffer than the outbound Ferrari F355 which had utilized steel. The design was 28% lighter (some 60kg) despite a 10% increase in overall dimensions. Along with a lightweight frame the new Pininfarina body styling deviated from traditions of the previous decade’s sharp angles and flip-up headlights. The new V8 engine utilises a 3.6-litre capacity, a flat plane crankshaft and titanium connecting rods. According to Ferrari the 0 to 100 km/h (62 mph) acceleration time improved from 4.7 to 4.5 seconds.
Cherished Plate not included
Enquire about this car
Example finance is £10,000 down and £936 pcm.
For more information regarding this, please enquire using the above form.